View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnywishbone View Post
Just spoke with a local porsche guru. Very respected in the pca
community. Wanted advice re: Fuel leak. Mentioned that i intended to do full bay, turbo, wastegate upgrade, the right
headers, etc. To me, this will "free" the engine to make power.
Not harm or over stress it. He said that it was extremely difficult to do this and have the engine run properly. He also said that later model porsches would walk all over me anyway.
He stated that my very nice 1978 930 was worth very little, and
would be worth even less if modified. Said that a widow wanted to sell her deceased husbands pristine 1979 930. Was
very happy to get $7000.00. I believe i have seen lesser cars than mine go for over $35000.00. I really respected this man,
but after this conversation, i was more than a little confused.
Any thoughts on this whole thing? I thought i was on the right track. Thanks, jp

Typical PCA tool bag. I don't mean to be disparaging towards all PCA guys, it's just that most that i met years ago when i used to be a member had this kind of attitude. Could tell you more about what wax to use than tuning you car.
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 12-10-2009, 08:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)