View Single Post
Boost Abuser

I am running a XDI system -w- twin plug. What system are you running? You can try my settings if you would like, although my system uses a map sensor and the settings may be a little different. When the system was first installed my mechanic must not have understood the settings very well and the car ran like sh**. Must have overlooked the fact that the system had 7* built in and was waaaay over advanced. Not knowing allot about timing I finally called Clewitt where the system was purchased and reset it to their recommendations and the car runs great now but it took until the end of the year and the car is nestled in till spring.I learned a lesson there , always double check things no matter how competent the wrench is.If in doubt call the manufacturer assuming they know and understand the model of car you have.The more mods you have the more you need to know and understand. I do everything to my car that I can but sometimes I need some help. I also realized that most people know 'stock' cars or slightly modded and know very little about the aftermarket accessories so its up to you to do your homework and DOUBLE CHECK . This board has been invaluable!! I didn't mean to go off on a rant but this is the reality.I am not under rating the mechanic I was using , he is very knowledgeable in Porsches in general just overlooked an important point in the installation of an aftermarket part that could have cost me a bunch of $$$$$$.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)