Thread: K27 7200 or s
View Single Post

I believe the K27-7200 was designed just for the 3.3 CIS and is a near ideal turbo for a CIS 930 w modest mods though I ran in on a C2T w ports, cams, larger inter-cooler and a lot more improvements.

It comes on fast and hard compared to larger compressor wheel K27 hybrids that seem to come on more like a V8. With a low restriction exhaust and the right set up they can be on full boost by about 3K rpm.

It is just big enough for a 930 and starts to run out of air about the same time one hits he fueling limits of a stock fuel head and WUR.

It's HP limit is about 360rwhp. If going for big hp then the larger turbo is a must as it will keep flowing air and do so at the upper rpms more efficiently.

The GT-35's are something to look into as they seem to be able to act like the 7200 but can make more HP but require some work to adapt and may or may not be as sturdy.

It has been a while but I had a K29 & early HF and ended up back w the 7200 because I liked how it came in even though it did not carry higher rpm. I found it more to my personal liking. However, all seem to love most what they are running or selling but they are all good options.

Last edited by 911st; 12-10-2009 at 05:07 PM..
Old 12-10-2009, 05:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)