View Single Post
porschesaur

Howdy fredmeister,

Here's the webpage on this subject I did for Pat Williams Racing. That's my diff housing in the scrolling images with the clutch cable boss knocked off by the PO in France back in the 70's. Some of the other pics are of RUF's for which he has done many (can be fragile if abused). He did short 2-4 on mine using Gard back when I did EFI and a package motor 6 years ago and it was transformational. I highly recommend this mod. As a 9/76 prod car, and apparently a transitional, I had a diabolical posi engagement issue noone could diagnose that had put me off the road in the wet on two occassions. He figured that out (bevel washers incorrectly assembled at the factory) and then re-stacked for different lock rate.

If you lived in Memphis, he might even make a house call: unfortunately the local track closed a month or so ago, as this is a daily driver for 26 years now, no longer had the need for that short fourth. Pulled my engine out and down and he came by, put my stock .65 back in along with some precautionary synchro's, made a few adjustments and I had it all back in and driving to work 2 days later.

1950 Vincent Rapide - A Red Rapide Experience -

Last edited by Peter Guldan; 12-11-2009 at 08:27 AM..
Old 12-11-2009, 08:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)