View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
On all 930's the deceleration valve was not plumbed into the intercooler, instead it was bolted to and plumbed between the big intermediate manifold or origonal blow off valve housing and the intake manifold.

..and definately install an aftermarket boost gauge line to the intake manifold or brake booster line so you can see what the motor is getting.
That way the origonal boost gauge in the tach reads pressure from above the throttle butterfly, while the other one reads below the throttle butterfly and you can sort of see the pressure differential.
Jfairman - you have the right idea (you have been very helpful to me on these forums! many thanks!) During the holiday season I am going to be fixing a few little issues with my car and installing an AFR meter and sensors for my Megasquirt, one of which is an map sensor I'm going to put behind the throttle plate. Once I have that all in I'll spend months with it in the car before it actually controls fuel or ignition so basically i'm just using it to log data to a palm etc while I save for the PWR fuel kit and decide if I want to go EDIS or try and run the stock ignition from megasquirt. I have considered trying to control the stock Frequency valve but I doubt i'll mess with it and instead just go straight to full control with the PWR fuel kit.

sorry to derail this thread...
Old 12-11-2009, 02:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)