View Single Post

Garage
upgrade basic questions, help anyone?

Got a nice "STOCK" 84 930 turbo
"stock" because on full boost the boost gauge goes all the way to 1. dont know if its supposed to stop at .8. The turbo/cat conv/ intercooler and so on look stock. Also brake calipers are red. Dont know if that is stock too or just painted by PO. I am thinking of getting a rarly8 header+single outlet exhaust, wastegate pipe system but would like to see about upgrading the intercooler and turbo to KOKELN set up.
My questions:
1. Will upgrading to KOKELN turbo and intercooler require messing with the CIS system at all or the ignition system or upgrading to larger injectors, fuel pump etc??? Or will this just be a bolt on upgrade? I dont want to mess with those cause the car runs perfect as it is but of course need more power......
2. I would also like to add the widest fusch repro wheels that will fit front and back(I love those wheels) but dont know if it will require changing anything else.....

Im not looking for crazy power like changing crank, cams, efi,twin plug drilling, etc etc. Just wanted to see if these things bolt on without confusing the cars stock electronics and stock fuel delivery system......

Any input is greatly appreciated. I am new to Porsche and its my first(wanted this car since I was in 9th grade...38 years old now...long wait!!
BTW I am in the new port richie area in FL(just north of Tampa) so if anyone is from around here and wants to help a newbie come on by. BEER and food on me for anyone who wants to help ....
Old 12-12-2009, 03:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)