View Single Post
E-85 sippin drunk

First of all, Welcome to the forum!!! There are numerous people on here who are full of knowledge...

First, you are omn the right track as far as "bolt on" accessories. Turbo, header system, free flowing exhaust, and a bigger intercooler are on the list of "must do's" as far as bolt ons.... your car will feel like a completely different car once those are added.

Second, your calipers are stock for a 930. In other words, the previous owner, or someone else has painted them. No big deal, beacuse they really are good and are upto the task for your car. For a racecar, I would upgrade..... but that is just me.

Third, you are very close to JB Racing in talavarus, FL... also Alex Job Racing. Both are wonderful shops to deal with. If you have any engine related questions, call JB Racing and speak with Mr. Mike Bruns.

Fourth, your car has no "electrical" engine controls. All the above mentioned bolt on stuff will not mess with any settings. I would however, take the car to a shop familiar with 930's and after adding all the above mentioned stuff, get a check of the mixture settings on the CIS.

Fifth, the stock wastegate spring for the 930 is a .8 bar spring. It could be possible for a previous owner to install the 1.0 bar spring, and if so, I would caution use of a 1.0 bar spring with the stock intercooler. If you still have the stock spring in the WG, your gage will spike to 1.0 sometimes.... that is normal. It is also been documented that the stock boost gage is inaccurate, and most replace it with a mechanical gage that replaces the clock.
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-35RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk
Old 12-12-2009, 03:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)