View Single Post

Garage
I'm into my third off season with my 930. I started with a similar stock 82 930. I started my modifications with the air box modification,exhaust and minor adds (strut tower brace, pedals, new floor mats etc...) Next off season went to a set of new wheels 18" Fikse's largest front and rear 295/30/18 rear and 255/35/18 front. Got into the brakes (new rotors front and rear) had the calipers rebuilt and powdercoated as well as a suspension upgrade of thicker hollow core tortion bars and lowered to euro specs. Last week I installed a Kokeln Intercooler and am in the process of picking up a k27 7200 turbocharger.
I have as much $ into modifications as I paid for my ride and have loved spending every penny. Enjoy the ride. Take your time do your homework and don't rush it. Some of the best advice I see above is get to know your car!!! If it is your first 930 learn to drive the car. Get it out sideways see how the car reacts to what you do (do it in an open area!) It may surprise you! I joined the PCA and have attended numerous DE and Autocross events. You meet some great people see some great cars and find out that you are not as good a driver as you thought. These cars are the balls!! People love them I've got a friend with a 05 997s and when we go to shows my 82 930 gets twice the attention as his ride( it goes right up his tail considering he paid three times the money I did for his car ). I wish you the best of luck with your 930 hope it brings you the satifaction mine has!
Old 12-12-2009, 03:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)