View Single Post
Driver

Garage
Congrats on the new car. For wide Fuchs-type wheels, you essentially have three options: Lindsey, TruDesign, and Zuffenhaus (do a search under Jeff Alton). The first two companies take existing 16" wheels, cut out the centers, and weld them to new barrels. Both companies have great reputations. The only downside is the fact that you're using 20+ year-old centers with the attendant fatigue cycles. Zuffenhaus machines new Fuchs centers out of forged Aluminum and bolts them to new barrels. Everything is new. And the centers are sized for a 17" application (instead of a 16" application bolted to a rim profile to give it that extra inch), so aesthetically it's slightly better. Zuffenhaus is new to the market, but they seem to make a product loved by their handful of customers so far. I think all three companies offer custom widths and offsets, so you can run the wheels without spacers. All three seem to run about the same ballpark cost, depending on finish. There's a fourth company, BlownSix, that is making a replica 3-piece Fuchs wheel, as well. But I haven't seen a single customer step forward with a completed wheel. And based upon B6's problems selling their 930 intercoolers and their in-business/out-of-business dramas, I wouldn't trust them with my money.

Stock boost gauge is sometimes inaccurate. Mine also goes up to 1.0 bar sometimes, and I believe my motor to be stock. Or someone could have easily slipped in a stiffer spring. Yours is a ROW-spec car, but I believe they ran the same stock waste gate spring as the US versions.

Last edited by Noah930; 12-12-2009 at 04:19 PM..
Old 12-12-2009, 04:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)