View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCTarga3.2 View Post
I own a n/a pcar but was looking at a turbo as well. For me it came down to the fact that I don't do my own work. I would ask if you do your own wrenching or not. If not, the turbo maybe more maintenance $$$ for you. Also, wanting a 930 just for the looks might insult some of these turbo guys :-) I am sure they will chime in.

An even trade with a carrera for a 930 with similar miles and condition? - sounds fishy to me.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I don't do my own work at all, and would have to leave that to my local garage to do, who are competent and trustworthy. No offence meant to turbo owners...I think turbos are nicer looking than a n/a 911...what I meant was that the power of the turbo is second to me versus the looks of the fat rear end. If there were tons of turbo look Carrera's out there for sale, that is what I would get, but there aren't. There aren't a lot of Porsches where I live, so availability here is limited.

Also, it wouldn't be an even trade...it would be my car plus cash difference...but at least I wouldn't have to go through the trouble of waiting for it to sell. It would be like bringing the car to the dealer and driving away with a better car.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)