View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper930 View Post
The motor is the pedigree, the locomotive that inspires you to feel like you're behind the wheel of the great 934...

Like me looks have everything to do with what I drive - so your heart is in the right place with the turbo - and as far as maint. costs, well rebuilds are a few $k more and the trannies are damn bullet proof. But keep in mind the mod bug will strike so just be prepared.

Post pics of his car, get a PPI done and let us know the $k difference in cash so we can help guide you through all of this. The 89 is one of the most desireable 930s out there due to the 5 speed and a few other things so if this is the path you want to go down you've come to the right place.

Keep us posted, look forward to helping you figure this one out - and yeah, power is more addictive than crack, coke, or strippers....so consider yourself warned.

Ok, here is the dirt on the 89 930: It has 110,000km on it (both cars in question are in Canada), is forest green exterior with brown interior. I am not crazy about the colors of it, but it is a 5 speed turbo which is a plus...so I would be settling in the color department. The owner told me that it has been meticulously maintained. He said he doesn't want to see it go, but is selling it because he changes cars every 4-5 years, and said he doesn't need the speed of the turbo anymore. Just wants to get a car to use for the track in non turbo, and likes the fact that mine has sunroof delete.
I love everything about my car in the color department...just doesn't have the wider look that I CRAVE! I thought about converting my car to a turbo look by having the turbo fenders welded on, but thought that the value of the car would diminish greatly because then it would not be original anymore.

As far as the cash difference goes, he wants my car (which was appraised at $30,000CDN, but he will give me $25,000 for it) plus $15,000 cash...bringing his car to to a value of $40,000. He said his car is a steal for $40,000.

One last thing...since my car was imported, I did not get ANY documentation with it for maintenance history. I do know that the car is in excellent shape, but selling it to someone without maintenance history will be a tough go. His 89 930 apparently has ALL paperwork with it, so I would be gaining in that department.

Any opinions or help guys would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks!
Old 12-13-2009, 10:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)