View Single Post
Blackbird Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmatera View Post
while twins would be cool, thats not my motivation. Instant boost response is the goal
Then here is what you need/should strive for - you can ask Paul, Justin, Keith, Aaron...my motor revs and spools quicker and more violently than just about any other motor i've heard of (maybe andy at Speedwerks is quicker, but his car is more evil for sure) but this is the recipie from what I understand that will assist you in what you're after. Its not cheap but like anything for these beasts, you get what you pay for:
  • If you are "in there" and are thinking about P&C's, upgrade to 3.4's.
  • Lighten the fcuk out of your flywheel and get a lightweight clutch setup (but remember the quicker it revs the less friendly it is stoplight to stoplight)
  • Any rotating part of the engine you replace, ensure its with a lighter and stronger piece
  • GT2 Evo Cams for streetable power
  • Upgrade the valve springs
  • 82 lbs injectors will support up to 1,000 hp on EFI
  • MOTEC standalone EMS (you'll need something to tune this biotch with, and its the best, or else you can go with Electromotive Tech3R)
  • Turbos - now this is the important part - my turbos are a custom T3 and T4 blend that build boost with no load just off idle...so either go with something wickedly setup ($$$$$$$$$$) or talk to RarlyL8 and he can set you up with something that is 98% there without the extra $$$$$$$$$$$ on the end of it.
  • ITB's - are they needed? Nope, but throttle response is going to be other worldly in combination with the rest of the things I have going on.
  • Headers - two routes to go on this one, equal length which Rarlyl8 does quite well or 935 style that merge straight in, the first is great for low end torque and top end flow, where as the 935 style which places the turbos at the very ass of the car are good for peak power and staying in the RPM range for the track. While I'm not looking forward to losing any torque or flow, I'm going with those out of neccessity.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)