Thread: 3.6 into 930
View Single Post
Certified User

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BReyes View Post
Think you may be having heat exhaustion? Hey how about Brian What ever you do we will say it is a bit Australian, right. Ok. Guess you can perfect your turbo later, but you already mentioned SC. Anyways it is not like you can just clear all of your engine rebuilding work area and start the 3.3 refurb.

How about making some headers, going with low boost?

Regards,
Bernard, don't worry, the sun hasn't fully fried my brain!
Keep in mind that my LHD car is worth significantly less than a RHD car in Aus.
While it is still a 930, it is a LHD drive 930 in a market where it is priced lower than a similar year Carrera, so it's all relative.
It's a bit of a no-brainer for me - what would I rather drive for similar money - a LHD turbo or a RHD Carrera? How many nano-seconds do you need to ponder that one!

Seeing that the car is already out-of-the-norm so to speak, I'm not too fussed about deviating further from the norm by implanting a N/A 3.6. Besides, my nice fresh 930 engine is worth good $$$.
Where I see this going in future is further development in the direction of forced induction, but before I go there, I want to get to try a few different things with the engine and get my head around Megasquirt.

For me, at least half the fun is in the design and building (and learning).
$h!t, I've damn near convinced myself to do it!!
Memories: '68 912, '72 911T, '80 911SC, '84 911, '85 930, '86 930, '87 911
Old 12-17-2009, 05:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)