View Single Post

Great info guys.

I am a little rusty. What got me mostly in trouble is the title TurboS. There was the special 92 3.3 TurboS and the 3.6 TurboS. Then there was the 1992 S2.

The 3.3 Turbo S is the largest mystery and I suspect it had a special Turbo fashioned after what RUF and other major tuners were doing at the time but I do not know that to be so. Probably a 7006 hot side or similar with a larger compressor wheel than the 7200 or 7006 but as stated no one seems to know. I guess it could have just had a 7006 as that seemed to be Porsche's go to performance turbo.

The cool thing about the S2 is the Andial modified inter-cooler with a larger core. Definitely less restrictive and maybe more efficient.

Only thing I saw on the .9 bar spring was on a US road test of a 3.6 TurboS flat nose. However, it seems the owner had installed the spring himself and the article may not have accurately represented it.

On the 3.3 Turbo S I just do not remember if the boost was represented as being increased but it makes sense as all the tuners had been running 1 bar springs.

To me the 92 3.3 Turbo S is the crowned jewel with its RS style light weight tuning.

I miss my 91 C2 T that had all the mods from the 3.3 S and the S2. Larger S2-IC, C2 cams, larger ports, cup flywheel. On top of that it had full B&B, K29 and full euro injection conversion including larger injector and lines. Big brake upgrade, Cup suspension, RUF spoiler, RUF wheels and Speedster shell seats that I matched the center section to my interior. All I needed was the cool ducts behind the doors and to remove the sunroof. Then the last recession hit and the wife wanted a new gormet kitchen...

Fun stuff.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)