View Single Post

My two cents:

I accept the thought that the current newer ball bearing single turbos are a match to twin turbos in most cases. They are a lot easier to package and simpler.

It is just a guess but I suspect twin's on Porsche's are as much about marketing and packaging the cats & mufflers as performance. May also have to do with what was available from there turbo supplyer.

Check out DonE's car. I think it has a GT35 and has ton's of low end and still makes more than 500rwhp. I do not recall but he might be at .8 bar by well under 3000rpm.

As noted, a lot of low end is in the tuning. Also, proper hot side ratios, just the right size compressor wheels, minimum volume header manfold, making sure you have efficient Wast Gate capacity, AFR's, and ignition. Turbos thrive on low resistance before the compressor intake and as little as possible after the turbine exhaust. Add in 1.5" Synapse Synchronic BOV for a bit of anti lag to keep the turbo spinning at idle and cruse and you have most the pices to work with.

If you want single sexy, Tial makes hot housings out of stainless steel for the GT turbos that are lighter.

If one just has to have the ultimate I suspect is would included a "sequential turbo" system (remember the 959?). Maybe put the turbos to the rear, plumb a cross over tube between the secondaries and put a clipped exhaust butterfly valve just after the tee and before one of the turbos. This should get you full boost by 2k if that is your dream.

Last edited by 911st; 12-22-2009 at 12:00 PM..
Old 12-22-2009, 11:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)