Thread: ebay 930
View Single Post

That sounds about what to expect this time of year in a hot spot for special cars . If you check the last few years of Barrett Jackson auction sales, Porsche factory SN sold @ $70K + and were no where near as nice as this one is. So I guess perception can be reality as this dealer sells a varity of vehicles so is probably going by what he has seen them sell for. I'm sure it will be difficult to get him to think otherwise. Really great specal turbos are hard to get at a good price. I recall Dana Mecum auction( 5 + years ago) had a Red 1985 RUF ( maybe the other 1 of the 5 made that year that this selling dealer knows about) with similar miles. I was thinking of maybe $50K-$55K as Dana had asked me about its value as he was being offered the consignment . Well at the sale it blew by my hopefull estimate after the first few bids and sold for much much more. These are probably the 2 RUF built cars that were held up in litigation for about 10 years in Texas before being released . The 1984 Kremer I have was also held for over a year ( even though it was built for Mario Andretti made no difference) before being released. Things could be challenging back then to get these kind of cars into the country.

Last edited by voitureltd; 12-28-2009 at 05:39 AM..
Old 12-27-2009, 07:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)