View Single Post

Garage
Sorry, the car currently has 113K miles on it. It is 100% street, and if it was tracked in the past, it would have been a long time ago. I put about 4-7K miles on her every year and do not not of any rebuilds but I only have the service history from 77K miles onwards. To be honest, the heads look to be in good shape and the cam lobs are very nice. There is no visible wear on anything including the cam chain sprockets. I have not inspected the cylinders and pistons to a large degree yet, but I do know that the cross hatch was not immediately visible. The turbo itself I'd have to check the play with a dial gauge, but it was tight (no movement) when I checked it by hand.

I'll be taking the heads off the cam tower today as well as removing and inspecting pistons.

Again, the car ran very smooth, with the exception of the smoking and consuming of oil.

Money is a bit of an issue right now which is why I don't want to tear into the bottom end, but also replace anything out of spec on the top side.
2003 KX250 X2(I like my toys!!)
Old 12-29-2009, 08:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)