View Single Post
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
Throw away the roll pin that comes with the bronze bushing kit. More than one local mechanic with a very good rep calls them "junk".

Anecdote time:
A 911 buddy of mine lost his clutch, but the cable was fine. He called RMG (one of those local mechanics) and asked Bob what the problem could be. The first thing Bob said was, "You replaced the pedal bushings recently, didn't you?" Yes, my buddy had, as a matter of fact. "It's the roll pin on the clutch pedal arm--the ones that come in the kit are junk." Yes, my buddy had thought "new roll pin is better than used pin" and had used the one in the kit.

He dug the old roll pin out of the scrap pile, and used in in place of the sheared-off one that had caused the clutch failure. No problems, and that was about four years ago.

That's the kind of thing that makes me believe in experience... And in factory parts!

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 08-06-2002, 08:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)