View Single Post

Hey Tony..

I agree with you somewhat on what's being said. However unlike a Ferrari or other low production exotic, these cars starteded life as a mass produced vehicle and were built/modified by a tuner.

Then not only did the "tuner" offer full build to suit vehicles.. they also offered and sold the same components over the counter and through distributors worldwide. The record keeping of what they built was shaky at best, and with that, it's usually pretty hard to verify or document if a particular car was tuner built, or built-up by others using the Tuners parts.

I kinda except these cars either way.. like I've said before, when you find a Ruf car that has more than gauges and wheels, it should be looked at a little more closely. Even as a car that someone built-up, the parts were only available through Ruf and nothing was cheap.

For what it's worth, if it's not an ROW vehicle, then it was probably built/converted here in the states by a Ruf distributor or an independent who bought parts from the US distributor. And for the record guys, I'm not talking about the Ruf Autocentre in TX, Tony is speaking before their time.

As for the Kremer and DP cars.. man I love those things and I'm always singing the "wish I hadda" song n that one. I've passed up two over the years, and owned one.. it was nothing really special, just a Kremer body on 3.0 Targa although it was done by them in Germany.
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 12-30-2009, 11:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)