View Single Post

Yeah.. I see where you're going and rightfully so. Ruf didn't get into special vin #s until around late 89/early 90's after he was TUV certified and then recognized as a Manufacturer rather than a tuner. At that point he was able to get un/partial numbered tubs from Porsche AG. However, some of his earlier cars do have a metal Ruf ID plate attached.. very few though.

You're right also, no telling how this will pan out over the years. Not to mention, short of a CTR, most of the mods have been far surpassed by many tuners on these old 930s.. can you say EFI.

Funny, I understand that my current 930 had a bunch of Ruf things added in during it's 1st life. As the original owner first began his mods it got the exhaust, IC, gauges and pedals. Then came the wheels. Stayed that way until it received a full build several years later and the IC was swapped for an Andial unit. When I purchased it a number of years ago, the 2nd owner had sold the Ruf wheels and replaced them with Kenesis Super cups and replaced the Ruf muffler with a Stock one!!! He said the other was too loud. At least he kept it! It was interesting to listen to the cam rump, rump through the choked-down muffler. Bring the noise baby!

As for the Kremer Targa, this one had been in the area most of the 80's.. sometime in the early 90's, an errant minivan clipped the front.. broke the fenders and destroyed the spoiler. I bought it from the guy and repaired it. Could wait, and didn't want to spend the $$ for the proper spoiler/bumper so I used one from AIR, swapped out the 15'' 8 & 9" Fuchs for a set of Compomotive 16" 3pc 8.5 & 11Fuchs, and painted the car Candy Apple red!! She was a stunner.
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!

Last edited by onboost; 12-30-2009 at 02:47 PM..
Old 12-30-2009, 02:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)