Thread: ABS not working
View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WERK-I View Post
.4-.8VAC? Should you be seeing voltage that low? I would have guessed 4.0-5.0VAC or 10-12VAC. I don't have a shop manual with me at the office, maybe others will chime in?
The low voltage is from disconnected sensors while the wheels were manually rotated, measured connecting the voltmeter to both sensor terminals. I guess it is the AC voltage (someone more electrically savvy can correct me) produced when the ABS dented wheel is rotated on the sensors magnetic field. If that is the case and the wheel speed was similar on both rear wheels I would have expect the voltage to be about the same but it was different so I am not sure if that is an indication of a faulty sensor. I guess thatís the test Kris recommended.
I will like to know others experience while testing the sensors that way.
Any other recommendation (or existing thread) on how to identify the faulty parts (sensors, control unit, relay etc.) on a 964 ABS before expending money replacing working parts is welcome.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)