View Single Post

Sorry for the delay in answering, but I have been at work for the last few weeks and it was crazy. I am on vacation now and can answer the questions.

Kenikh, I will repaint the car. Just after dropping all the cash I just did, I have to let the bank account rebuild instead of my car. LOL. The prices that I have got to do my car if I strip it down is about $2000 dollars more that the $5000 mark. It will cost around $7000 to do the car. That would be to blast to the metal, and then prime and paint to the orig. Porsche color. I think I will do it next year over the winter.

Bkreigsr, I have a Weltmeister rear (anti) sway bar, so it was as easy as ordering the new ends and replacing them. Big difference. When I was turning I would hear a small knock noise in the rear. Gone.

I also changed a lot of the interior. I went to all black but I left the dash and the top part of the doors and the top part of the interior quarters tan. So the doors are all black but the top strip and same as the quarters are all black but the tops.

I also switched my quarter windows to full sealed units. They were way to loud with wind noise. It was driving me crazy. Plus the full sealed quarter windows look so much nicer inside. The thick rubber seal covers a lot of the space that the pop out ones leave. Cleaner look.

I also put the ashtray in. I went to WEEKEND RIDES in PA. and got the whole ashtray with the bracket cut out from a 85 porsche 911. I drilled the rivets out and then didi the same in the car. Then pop riveted the new one in. I had to get all black knee guards and replaced those. So the interior of the car is now complete.

I will have to take some pics and post them of the complete interior. I like it better than any 930 that I have seen. It looks great.

Last but not least. I called north hollywood gauges and had them make me a white faced boost gauge that replaced my clock. They told me that they will powder coat the trim to white like the gauges are now on my car also. Great guys.

Have a great new years and keep the Porsches alive.......
Old 12-31-2009, 06:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #95 (permalink)