View Single Post

Update from Mark's Flinstone garage

Just an update....pictures tell a thousand words. All that's left is to get someone to do the Tig welding for me.

Hacked off the intake end of the secondary manifold. Pulled out the hose nipple where the decel valve attached and greatly enlarged the ID of the hole to 1"...to accomodate the 1" hose going to the BOV. Bored a new hole to mount the nipple for attachment of the decel valve which will most likely be left to vent to atmosphere. Also drilled and tapped a hole to mount the overboost switch.

Hacked off the hose coupler and will weld on a plate and the nipple for the BOV to attach to. Will enable the use of the stock IC mounting point, with later addition of supporting brackets.

How she all lines up.

One more, with the decel valve in place.

Once on the car, I'll shoot a final round of pictures. All this work, and what will I really benefit other than loosing a few pounds of weight? Oh well, hope this helps others as an option to keeping their shortneck IC and updating to a modern BOV. The only parts cost has to do with the new BOV, a couple of copper elbows, an 8" piece of 1" heater hose, and some hose clamps.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)