View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Squirrel View Post
I understand. I'm referring to just disconnecting the upper manifold end and leaving it open. That is a big problem. I though that might have been what Mark Houghton was going to do.

Taking it off, reversing it, and using it as a BOV presents no hazard.
Speedy, thanks for watching. My intentions are to leave it connected to the upper manifold as normal (what's left of it, with my mods, though in a slightly different location), and rather than having it redirect the boosted air to the intake manifold, just let it vent to atmosphere. This will be taking boosted air from before the throttle body and intake manifold, and just venting it off when vacuum is sufficient to open the valve (when shifting). Same function as a BOV but it won't be recirculating back to the infeed of the turbo.

Sure won't be sucking no dirty unfilterd air in...that would not be cool!
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)