View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
Like what you're doing but you're getting closer to having what you started out to eliminate. One big advantage with the long neck is that 965 rubber elbow assembly. It can be easily removed allowing access to cylinder #1 which is the biggest issue on a 930 to reach.
I don't think you will need any extra bracket to secure the stock IC connection point as the rubber elbow should support it just fine. That will allow for quicker removal of the assembly. Give that a try as you can always add a bracket later if need be.
Thanks for that. Yeah, about all I'm really gaining is a little less room for air volume by replacing a big chunk of magnesium in favor of a short 1" hose. Theoretically boost will build a bit quicker, not having to fill up the entire secondary manifold.

I could drop off the stock boost gauge sender (since I also have on board a separate gauge), and don't necessarily have to have the decel valve. I understand the benefit of the 965 elbow and easier access to #1 cylinder, but understand that removing the cast coupler in my case will be easy, because the BOV itself is removable from the welded-on mount by three small setscrews. Then it's just two hoseclamps and the hoses/coupler come off.

So, I'm doing this because it's the recommended thing to do, but am I really going to gain anything performance wise, other than maybe a faster actuating BOV?

If I don't like it, I'm out only $50 for the manifold I cut up and will just re-install the spare I have .
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)