View Single Post

Garage
progress!

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas and an even better New Years (tonight). I was able to move onto the install itself today. I used the copper nuts from our host for the exhaust studs and turbo mounting bolts.
One of the nice things about the slip fittings is that multiple adjustments can be made to make sure everything lines up nice-nice. The turbo really can move around and with the k27-7006 I have, the turbo mounting bracket is not dead on. I reinstalled the intercooler so that I could sit it squarely in the up-pipe, and then tapped the header secondary pipe turbo flange over to meet the turbo itself. Then I used the floor jack to get the turbo up 3/4" to that top left bolt with the spacer on the turbo bracket. Without the slip fittings this would not have been doable. The turbo bracket still needed Mr. Torch to cherry it up and tweak it so the lower two bolt holes lined up.

So far I've had to FedEx from Pelican twice- once for a handful of studs and nuts that I was short on, and once wehn I realized my car is missing the muffler bracket. Unfortunately I'm still waiting on that part b/c PP does not stock it.

The last thing I will point out for Brian's heat plans is that the RH side looks straightforward enough (first pic), but the LH side will require some thought. The downpipe from the fan drops right into the middle of the wastegate crossover circuit. I don't know if all fan routing for heat is the same for the different year 930s, but I will wager that on my 86 some non-stock flexible hose will have to be utilized in place of the hard drop pipe on the LH side. I can provide more pictures if necessary.

Old 12-31-2009, 04:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)