View Single Post

Fine

The car is fine now. I drove it a few days ago. It had sat for two weeks due to snow. We had a few days of rain and weather in the 40's and all the snow went away. But it snowed the last two days here in NY so the car will sit for a while.

Vacuum is fine. Engine wise, everything is fine. I went with the stock intercooler so, the lag is a bit much.

I have aftermarket SS headers and Muffler. I would say that they are BB? I don't know 100% but if not BB it is modeled after it.

Car sound great and boost comes on at around 3200 RPM, but pulls like a bat out of hell at 4000-6500 RPM.

Very fun car to drive.

In fact, after sitting for weeks, I and mind it, it is in the 20's -30's in NY, I went to the garage and it started then stalled. Then I turned he key again and it started and ran great. I think that is great for a car that is 32 years old. LOL. Me being 39 years old, I don't want to start after the second attempt. LOL

Anyway. Love the car. It will be inside the garage for the rest of the winter. Next year. The New list of things to do to the car is:

1)Brakes, I have to upgrade to the turbo brakes. The Carrera S calps have to go.

2) Intercooler, I might go to a long neck. Or just a nice upgrade for the short neck stock type.

3)Wideband set up. Thinking of doing the "INYOURFACE" gauges TACH/Wideband set up. But no matter what, I will be doing a wideband in the car.

Anyway. Have a great New Year.

Robert
Old 01-01-2010, 07:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #99 (permalink)