View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thierry25 View Post
................................................ed it to save space..........................

I know that some will suggest to use GT35 turbo. But by philosphy, simplicity ( no water cooling and it goodies) and reliability , I don't want to go in this direction. I do prefer a turbo which could be directly bolted on.
Thierry,
Happy New Year, buddy. Those stories of poor reliability with Garrett's are the stories of urban myth. Failures have occurred from people who install turbochargers like they are putting in an air cleaner.
For the sake of clarity, you can order the Garrett's with oil-only cooling/lubing, T3 or T4 Flanges, various turbine and compressor A/R's.
Seriously, I know you want to keep it simple with a KKK, but let's face it, you're settling for 70's technology. What you need is a complete kit which would include the correct oil feed lines, proper sump lines, fittings AND the proper turbocharger designed with one engine in mind.....YOURS. I can't stress it enough, find a highly recommended turbocharger tuner shop, tell them what you have on your engine for mods, where you want your power mapped.
We have a turbo supplier at the shop I work at occasionally that has supplied everything from mild KKK hybrid's, street Garrettt's, to wild FabCar GTP1 993 turbo monster track cars. PM me if you would like to discuss your options with him. BTW, I'm not affiliated with the turbo shop in any way.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 01-02-2010, 07:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)