View Single Post

This car has been done right....and at a very good price considering the miles and all the upgrades. If I was in the market for another one, it would be a done deal by now.

I always get a kick out of eBay auctions that tell you what the reserve price is. What is the point? Keeping the reserve a secret is supposed to drive potential bidders to run the value up until the reserve is "discovered". Have you ever been to an estate auction, and do they ever tell you what they REALLY want for that antique armoire...or do they just let the final bid determine the price? What floors me is the people bidding on the car. Why bother to bid anything less than the reserve price....you won't win it...nobody will win it...until the reserve has been met. Now, if you were to bid $32,001, then the real bidding action would begin. Or, just wait until the auction is over and it hasn't sold, then contact the dude and offer him what he wanted in the first place, or maybe a bit less. Oh, sorry, eBay frowns on that tactic 'cause they don't make their percentage.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.

Last edited by mark houghton; 01-02-2010 at 02:29 PM..
Old 01-02-2010, 02:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)