View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucittm View Post
Mark,
I'm not sure if you are serious or not. In case you are:
Bidding below the reserve price makes you a "bidder" then you can get an email notification when someone outbids you and you instantly know the next bid because they have just outbid you.
If you bid below the reserve and the reserve is not met, you get notified if the car is relisted. Plus the buyer may contact you and offer to sell at your last bid. I have been successful doing this and the 965 I am driving now was a "Reserve not met" auction.
Giving up the reserve also keeps away the sharks that just bid up to the hidden reserve then pull out, just so they can find out what the reserve is.

Ebay is a bit science and a bit art. Also, they are making so much bloody money they don't care about one auction's percentage...

Thanks,
Mark
Oh, I was just venting on what a true auction should be, as eBay has mutated over the years. I understand your points, having bid and won over 300 eBay things over the years and played the art-part of it. I guess my whole point is...listing the reserve price defeats the whole gamesmanship of the experience. Certainly, understanding the lay of the land does help tremendously.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)