View Single Post

I'm in Northeast so heat matters! Thanks for the furthering the explanation on heaters.

Just to be clear as I'm not the type to ditch someones car for my own benefit, but the car with a poor leak down is not the one linked at the start of this thread. it's a stock 89 that someone has offered me.

PJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBL930 View Post
First i've heard of stuck rings, although i don't doubt it happens. Would have thought it's more likely cracked rings with 50% leak-down, what a shame! You could try and get a deal on the car due to it needing a strip and rebuild? Strange it's like this after only 17,000miles, detonation down to poor fuel or too much boost would probably be the cause.

125 shifter (David) already answered your question, but i'll try too...
The heat exchangers have no bearing on performance, remember there is no other way to get cabin heat in an aircooled car other than get the heat from the exhaust manifold area. You can have headers without heat exchangers, or with! They will be the same system but the one with heat has boxes welded around them so the heater fan can draw air across the headers and into the cabin. If you need heat then make sure the exhaust system has them, if not then don't worry, it has nothing to do with performance!
Old 01-03-2010, 01:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)