View Single Post
Infidel

Ah, i thought it sounded strange that there would be poor leak-down numbers on something with a fresh and properly built engine.
If this 89 car can be had for reasonable money then i wouldn't get too hung up on the leak-down numbers, just factor in a rebuild with the price and go for it. At least you will have a nice fresh engine that way, and maybe do some internal mods while you have it apart!
Or buy the EFI'd car, it looks great and has a good engine, even down to head sealing rings and strong rods, it would be a no brainer if i was state side and was in the market for one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyGarage View Post
I'm in Northeast so heat matters! Thanks for the furthering the explanation on heaters.

Just to be clear as I'm not the type to ditch someones car for my own benefit, but the car with a poor leak down is not the one linked at the start of this thread. it's a stock 89 that someone has offered me.

PJ
87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan
Old 01-03-2010, 11:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)