View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by stup View Post
You could also go on and say you could also find many a person with a failed KKK series.

"I still do not understand how you can reach 460 Flywheel HP with your very similar setup than mine"

Ha Ha......Some great head rework, a slight raise in compression,fuel flow matching cylinders and most important my friend Thierry.... "myself" doing the rebuild

p.s i have completed some 60-130 mph times if you would like to compare?
That's true that you can find people with a failed KKK series either ...

As to the power, I don't think the fuel flow matching bring any additional power. It can bring you safety. The rebuild was carefully made on mine ( everything was changed and I spent some time in the workshop to see the job quality ) ..... and I even paid recently for double checking the valve timing since I wanted to investigate about the torque drop beyound 5300 rpm.

So except the rise in compression ( how much did you put ? ) I don't see any reason to be such different. In the mean time, all the 965 T that I know in france which has been modified with 964 NA camshaft (these cams can provide higher HP than SC cams as we have on our car) provide about 420 Flywheel HP under 0.95 bar with K7200. So do you think your higher compression bring about 50 to 60 HP compare to my setup ? or don't you think that your dyno is a bit optimist ?

I think the 60 to 130 MPH time won't bring an exact answer since the gear shift can be different between 2 drivers. But if you have a datalogging of the time you spend to go from 2000 rpm to 6000 rpm in 3 rd gear .... it could be compared more accurately.

By the way, do you still have the stock wastegate cat exhaust or did you install a cat by pass on the wastegate exhaust ? Many thinks there is nothing to win except to get a nice "animal" sound. Normally the wastegate regulate the back pressure and there is no gain to get here.... that's I was thinking until now. But if we consider this problem in term of exhaust flaw, it is possible to think that the cata restriction reduce the total flow output under a given back pressure. Thus, it is maybe possible that with free flow exhaust on wastegate output, the back pressure remain the same as with cata restriction but the total flow is increased. What is your opinion Brian ??
Old 01-04-2010, 07:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)