View Single Post

Remember you will be doing 110mph when you shift to 4th.

If it is a street car an all your battles are mostly done by then you will have a great close ratio race transmission up to 110 and then 4th will be your over drive.

If you mostly do DE's on the track and you shift into 4th under load at 110mph and 3800rpm it is going to dog on you.

What rear tires are you running? If they are 16/245's they are about 24.5" tall. If you go to 17/275's you will be at about 25.5" tall which might reduce your cruse rpm about 150 rpm.

I would not want to be at 3000 at 85. I would spend to much time there and get ticked to often. If I am going 85 I want to be in battle mode and know I am moving along.

I also look to how my acceleration is going to happen on the freeway which here is about 60-70mph and sometimes 80. If I am at the point where boost is available in high gear most the time I can scoot around cars without having to drop a gear when cursing at 60.

If I want to get around a car fast, I want to be able to drop a gear and be solidly in to the HP curve.

If you have not tried the transmission I would put it in and give it a go before over-thinking things and see if you like it. It might be just fine. To me it sounds near perfect as it is.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)