View Single Post

The injectors don't seem to be a restriction from my experience.

I've mentioned this experience before:
When I first put one of Larry's M007 flowtech modified USA fuel heads on my car after installing an HFS turbo the car would not run above 4000rpm at all because it was getting so much fuel.

The Brian Leask adjustable control pressure regulator allowed me to raise boost control pressure alot higher, and steady cruise control pressure a little higher than what Brian set it up for before sending it back to me.
After doing that the modified fuel head works quite nicely on my car which has 964 cams, B&B headers, Garretson longneck intercooler, and 1 bar wastegate spring.

The M007 flowtech modified fuel head did not make the idle mixture any richer than the stock fuel head. The idle CO did not change much at all after I installed it. This is why I think he tapers the metering slits in the control plunger cylinder to a larger diameter towards the top when he CNC enlarges them. I havn't removed it and measured them so I don't know though.

I forgot to mention in an earlier post on these Flowtech M007 fuel heads that he also adds a thin shim to the shim stack under the spring in the fuel heads system pressure regulator to raise system pressure to 97psi on the fuel head I have.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)