View Single Post

Paul,

Sorry, the key word is 'ultimate'. Yes we are more fuel limited at this time.

I think we can get a lot more fuel out of your CIS systems as they are just mechanical devices. Heck, we could have a HF head built on a V8 core that supplies 33% more than the biggest HF FD we could conceive.

However, I think the tube out of the metering assembly is only about 3" or so. (Dose anyone know the actual size?) Most the turbo's that make over 500hp have 4" inlets.

One way around this would be to convert to a blow through system and having the inter cooler exit hook to the top of the metering assembly and the metering exit to the throttle body. This would remove all restriction from the turbo inducer side (reducing lag) and at 1 bar double air flow we can get through the metering system. (Think 3.2 Carrera blow through turbo conversion making 475whp through a small little AFM opening). The plumbing would be easy with a custom IC. However, it would probably take a lot of work to then get the fueling right.

Crazy, I know.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)