View Single Post
Happiest when Tinkering

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamchappy View Post
I was using a MSD boost retard ignition and 7th injector for fuel enrichment, the engine never did fail from turbocharging but did because of an oil pump seizing do to a contaminated oil cooler i was using. Luckily this happened as i was pulling into my driveway...

Thad Suter has run his SC turbo for a very, very long time, his engine has survived and proven longevity.

I know all about the BOV releasing to atmosphere as not a good thing with CIS, but honestly i have not seen or noticed any ill effects on the performance of the engine doing so.

My over rich happens on initial boost like it does most of us.

Ok my engine is no longer stock but the case, crank, rods, cams, and heads are with the exception of twin plugging. The 930 intake, pistons and cylinders and 930 oil pump, valve springs and my SC distributer converted into twin plug are really the only added on mods certainly nothing radical.

The only thing some would consider radical is the car i choose to install it into, and i am very happy with the results.

I have that same intercooler I got it from MSDS about 21 years ago

76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
76 Blazer also restored by me
Old 01-06-2010, 02:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)