View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thierry25 View Post

Fuell pressure system is the same ( 6.1 to 6.8) The warm control pressure is the same 4.5 b .

On boost, the control pressure is 1.1 bar shifted on the 3.6T while it is 1.3 shifted on 3.3 T
This is what I thought. CP on boost is lower for the 3.6 than the 3.3. This would give the 3.6 more fuel on boost.

Thierry,

Did you ever test the factory FV at 75% with the increased pump capacity?

Increasing the Lambda FV capacity I think is like making the slits bigger. There may be a limit to how much differential pressure we can generate or how much we can get past the internal orifices. That is find a way to create a higher differential than the Lambda heads can alow. Maybe a more complaint membrane, a larger "unsupported circle on the bottom head section", and or more spring tension around the internal orifice.

The US Lambda head was designed to allow a higher pressure differential than the non which might be its key to supplying more fuel as a HF head than the others.

If that is the case, a larger orifice and or higher system pressure might be our path to more fuel.

---

JF,

I think the main difference between the 930 and 964 Lambda system is the 964 has a provision for acceleration fuel for a short time after start up when at low temp. There is also a relife function built into the 964 head to keep vaccum from building up behind the control pin after shut down and cool off that I do not know if the 930 received. Could be the 930 got both these but I am not sure.

The real difference was on the ignition side.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)