Thread: Singer 911
View Single Post
Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicersr View Post
Great video of this ninemeister N/A GT2 in action. This 450 hp/8000 rpm motor (same as in the Singer car) sounds hellacious and seems quite strong.

YouTube - Ninemeister: Porsche - 993 - RSR
It does look quite nice that, I know Marc (Colin's partner) on the body shop side of 9m does a nice job, and i'm aware of a few NA customers that were satisfied. I was a customer there for a few years and i was lied to, cheated, and basically ripped off, as were Many guys I now know personally. His power claims are outrageous, especially so on turbo'd motors. Matteo's car is nothing short of stunning, but the majority of that was done in the states i believe, and i don't think his time at 9m was completely plain sailing.

I look at it this way, if you knew a house builder that was quite good at fitting kitchens, and pretty good with laying floors, but shocking at fitting roofs and did horrendous brick work, and quoted one figure but always charged considerably more at finial invoice, would you let him build your house?

9m's nonsense is well documented, the thread i posted was just one i was involved with, do a search over on rennlist in the 993tt section and read for yourself. I think this Singer car is built in the states, just using 9m parts, i don't doubt it's a lovely car, like i said though i simply wouldn't have anything with the 9m name attached to it.....
87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan
Old 01-07-2010, 10:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)