View Single Post

Hi Len,
Nice looking hoses but a little OTT for the application. Hoses on the 928 were push fit as were most of the cars of that era. The ferrule was mostly cosmetic and did not bring much to the party with regard to swaging the OD of the hose onto the barbed fitting. In fact in most cases the ferrule will spin on the hose and shows no swage marks at all. Why they did this I have no idea and can only assume cosmetic reasons. I am talking about new from the factory hoses.
As recomended SAE30R9 hose is perfect for this application with working, proof and burst pressure far in excess of the pressures seen on the 928 (80psi & 55psi). This hose was designed for this application.
The use of higher spec hoses is a waste of money unless you have a modified car seeing much higher working conditions.
All the flexible fuel hoses on the 928 can be replaced with SAE30R9 5/16"alnd 3/8". The use of the 15mm EFI clamp completes the perfect solution.
Can be purchased from your fav local auto parts store and for those that need the complete packge we sell kits for individual MY cars.
Lots of tutorials available as well to help.
Anyone needing the tutorials drop me an email at roger@************

Last edited by ROG100; 01-10-2010 at 07:19 AM..
Old 01-10-2010, 07:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)