View Single Post
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper930 View Post
Well if I may chime in here, on my 3.8tt the headers on her are custom equal length setups - they wouldn't be on the car if they weren't vital to the amount of sheer torque that the motor produces as well as top end breathing...but that being said it makes for an EXCELLENT street motor.

[snip]
OK - different animal (twin turbo). On the tt projects I've been part of, I would submit you couldn't tell the difference between short vs equal on a street car (day to day driver). Equal pipes really come into their own at high rpm but give up some down low. I witnessed this directly when I replaced my B&B pipes with a set of Marco Manzie equal pipes and found I traded performance from one end of the power band to the other. It wasn't a bad trade, but I do most of my driving under 5000 rpm.

Brian - have you made a genuine equal length header yet? If so, do you have a picture? I would really like to see how you handled the turbo placement. Might be in the mood for a new header
Old 01-10-2010, 03:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)