View Single Post

Tried to order an S1000rr today....

This morning I called the Philly region's newest dealer, Montgomeryville Cycle Center, and asked for Sales. I was put on hold for close to two minutes, eventually a woman picked up and confirmed that I was waiting for Sales, and put me back on hold. After a shorter wait, a man named Greg picked up. I announced that I'd like to order an S1000rr, and he chuckled. I did not get the humor, nor did he explain his amusement with my declaration.

I then asked if they had available allocation from BMW (I sell BMW automobiles for a living - so I have a passing understanding of the allocation and build process), and when that allocation might be built and delivered. He said he was not aware, and he'd have to speak to the owner. He said he'd get the answers and get back to me quickly. It is almost 5pm.....and I'm still waiting.

This is my closest dealer by a long shot. The one I'd go to for service and warranty work. To say I'm worried is an understatement.

When I called last week to make some initial inquiries about a demo model's availability, I was told I should make my way to the New York Motorcycle Show to get a chance to see and sit on one. That's 100+ miles each way and not very convenient. However, in my short exchange with Greg today, he did admit that they were waiting on a demo model. Not sure why I wasn't told about their impending demo model last week????

I'm really baffled by the lack of interest by this dealership in my business. Has anybody had any dealings with them....I know they've handled many other brands for literally decades. Good, Bad, I'd like to hear it!

Kevin8
2002 R1100s bcp
Old 01-11-2010, 01:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)