View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Don I had a lot of problems with my car due to a tranny swap gone bad. Been working on it every chance I get and have made good progress as it is running much better now.
It was my plan to hit the dyno as soon as the headers were installed. That was at least 3 months ago. I did have one afternoon of driving the new headers before disaster struck and my butt dyno was very impressed. The off-boost throttle response and torque really improved as expected. The car ran like a 3.2L Carrera off boost which is really good for a 930, ha!
I have one final problem to chase down before we hit the dyno. I also need to hook up the LM-1 and see what is going on with my AFRs. One interesting note that I did not expect - my idle mixture was pretty far off after the headers were installed. It is expected to tweak the idle mixture when adding headers but this was a pretty big tweak. I am waiting on feedback from clients to see if thier idle mixtures were also affected. This is something you don't hear much about when adding bolt-on mods that needs to be addressed for the DIY guys.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)