View Single Post

I mentioned brake clean to clean it because it won't swell or damage the red silicone o-ring that goes around the perimeter of the backplate in a groove or any other parts and it evaporates fast.

You probably have an air compressor so brake clean, a small brush, q-tips for the compressor wheel, and compressed air is enough to clean it up.
Just blow the dust and dirt out of the hot side, the engine will blow the rest of the loose old exhaust carbon out once you drive it.

With the large backplate o-ring removed you can use mineral spirits. The rest of the thing including the 2 piston ring oil seals is made of different metals and solvents won't hurt it.

Oil the bearings real good before spinning it up with compressed air.

My guess is you have a K27 7006 there but you said they said it's a hybrid and I don't know what a K28 or K29 compressor wheel looks like so as far as I know it could be using a compressor wheel from one of those.

Visually it's not a Holset - Cummins compressor wheel from a more recent style of K27 hybrid.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)