View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100sport View Post
One thing I should have said, is that I think RarlyL8 new offering is a very nice effort in combining the advantages of an equal lentgh system (nice off boost response) and short total length (higher efficientcy on a tubocharged engine). It should be close to a "best of both worlds" system IMO.
I am sure the vote of support is appreciated by Brian.

As to equal length increasing efficiency and power on boost I totally agree.

In my opinion, saying that Brian's or any equal length system will contribute to off boost response is a stretch without testing or some other technical cause in support of such a position like reduced volume via greatly reducing the WG circuit lengths and or smaller tube id's.

I might hope, and it may very well be, that we see an improvement over a stock late 930 header in all such areas as it dose have its weaknesses (cross over & long J pipe).

However, it would not think it should be expected to make improvement pre-boost over a well designed lower volume non equal length system.

If better pre-boost operation were an expectation of equal length 930 headers, the others that came before would have been screaming so from the highest roof tops. After all B&B proved 930 owners will spend a fortune in search of less lag.

It just seems to me concluding such would be more a leap of faith than logical conclusion.

Please do not get me wrong. I think Brian's system is potentially the best new product to some along for a 930 in some time and may buy one some day as it is targeted right inline with my goals.

Old 01-13-2010, 04:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #84 (permalink)