View Single Post

I borrowed the 5 hp number from a Porsche mag I have. Could be there tuner's guess.

Removing the pump would mean not having to spin the pump as there is no clutch on it. Still, unless it is under load there should not be much drain there.

I also saw something here that showed that the air pump did reduce lag to a deg. Do not know the total details on it except is seemed to be part of a Porsche engineering study.

Also, I read here that part of the procedure for setting the CO on a 930 with air injection was to remove the tube from the diverter or such but do not know for sure.

Thanks for the input.

Not a big deal.

I suspect most HP would come from a very low restriction exhaust and or more ideal AFR/ignition settings that pull some of the safety our of the settings getting the AFRs up from the 10's (most new car makers still run there turbos in the 10's for safety) and into the higher 11's or even low 12's and adding in more ignition advance.

Not a biggie.

Thanks again all.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)