View Single Post
Rocket Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenikh View Post
The Japanese marques and tuners take a different approach to welding in a divider. The best approach is to weld spearate tubes to the two inlets on the divided flange. Thus, the divided section won't degrade. This is the approach I am using for my twin scroll turbo. Again, a true equal length header with divided inlet tracts will typically spool to full boost 500 to 600 RPM sooner than a non twin scroll or twin scroll without optimized exhaust system. Well worth the effort.
That'll work! If there was a way to weld three 30mm tubes to each side of a standard mini-foot flange, I wish they would show it, as that would be the ultimate. Your concept is darn close.

There's too much talk about scavenging on this thread. Forgetaboutit. Pulse conversion is where it is at for big boost. Man, BMW re-did their V8 for turbocharging last year. Changed the heads, cams, cam drive, and manifolds just to get short turbo manifolds on the INSIDE of the V. Unbelievable.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #92 (permalink)