View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Copbait 73 quoting the infamous Ed Pink;
It goes like this: You blue print the combustion cycle components to make all cylinders operate under the same conditions, at all times. This doesn’t just mean the block related components but the air system also. When you’ve made every effort to achieve this you can reliably pull high HP. As it relates to exhaust, his comparative testing (yes he tested log manifolds that were the previous standard on turbo Indy motors) showed anything less than equal primary pipes (whatever length) gives you misfires on random cylinders at random RPM and misfires become more critical and damaging as power density increases. ...

Keith:
"This is gold! Especially on full race motors with high overlap cams."

He was talking about the turbocharged Cosworth Indy Engine. High overlap cams are not a good solution for any turbocharged engine.

Garrett Engineer:
"getting the boost up early is a much more effective way to torque than playing with tuned primary lengths and scavenging"

Keith:
"I belive this is in support of reducing exhaust volume."

This is a complete leap. How can you jump to that conclusion? There are so-o-o-o many factors that cause a rise in boost early.

Sorry guys. I'm outta' here. This debate about the benefits of equal length headers has just really gotten out of control. It's been proven for decades, and this debate thing just goes on, and on and on, and on....

I have complete faith in Brian's new product. I believe it would be d@mn near perfect if it had a centrally located turbo flange, but our crammed 930 rear-ends make it difficult and costly (cosmetically and financially) to do otherwise. I can't wait to see Brian's dyno results so we can put this trampled debate to rest.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P

Last edited by WERK I; 01-14-2010 at 05:25 PM..
Old 01-14-2010, 05:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #97 (permalink)