View Single Post
Garage Queen

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoke View Post

When I got the car the passenger door would not lock. I could hear the actuator working but the door would not lock. It was this way for about 3 weeks. Everywhere I went I locked the door (or so I thought) and left the car. I left it at the mall twice like this; one time my computer was in the car. Luckily nobody f-ed with it.

I Took the door apart to find the little plastic cup on the end of the actuator had cracked since the actuator pulled down a litte further than the travel of the lock. I was able to do a repair on the plastic cup with a paperclip and washer. It was a fix right out of the McGyver TV show. It held but I really would like to get a new one.

Question: Does Porsche still carry this part for an 86? Do they carry any parts for 86's?

This is very common. I think a good number of us have had to fix the lock. I got a replacement plastic cap from a dismantler. At the time PP didn't carry it. They may now.

As far as other parts are concerned, PP has the best prices most of the time. There are dismantler for some things and I have bought some things from the dealer (I got a replacement turn signal switch there way cheaper than anywhere else). Also, get in the habit of searching the classifieds here on PP. There are about 4 pages of new listings everyday. Sometimes you can find what you need there. Bottom line is there is no magic solution to finding parts. It is a search for somethings.

Beautiful Car. Welcome to the group.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)