View Single Post

911st: I know you enjoy the mental challenge of trying to understand things at a very high level of detail...I was not trying to hijack the thread, just for me personally the biggest thing that matters is what products are actually out there and how well they work.

I just see people saying what equal length is or what short length is and at the end of the day the only thing that matters is what the dyno says and whether the car is quicker or more driveable. To me the lean condition is EXCITING, it suggests progress towards a better flowing exhaust than a B+B for the same price. But we don't know for sure, and that is where the real research should be going right now IMHO. We all have a vested interest in finding out whether Brian's product is better on the dyno. We know it is better in quality.

Anyway I am not trying to hijack your thread. Brian says it best that we are all a bit frustrated by having to talk in theory about headers after all these years.

I guess what I am saying is what if Brian already came pretty close to the Holy Grail? That is exciting. We all want to be able to throw something onto our car to make it go faster. For a similar price as a B+B, I would rather have the system which dynos the best.

Also 911st, I don't think you personally ever made this into a thread of Brian vs. B+B, I understand that you like to think in theory about these things. It just becomes the elephant in the room when we talk about headers to compare the designs that are affordable. Companies like GHL have already gone under, so choices are pretty limited. Pretty much by default when we talk about headers anymore it is going to be Brian versus B+B.

It just seems clear that the last step in this conversation involves a dyno.

I apologize if I am jumping to the finish line and skipping all the theory behind headers, but I don't have the mental capacity to understand all the theory anyway. lol.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #118 (permalink)